This post was updated on May 21st, 2020 to reflect changes that have occurred due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Over the past couple years, we’ve seen a really great sense of community and friendship develop at the barn. A lot of the riders that have become good friends through riding at the barn started calling themselves the “Pony Club,” and thus, the idea to start an official organized “Saddle Club” with a variety of benefits was born!
A membership with the Enchanted Hollow Stables Saddle Club includes the following:
- WSCA Saddle Club Membership – This membership to the official WSCA “Enchanted Hollow Riding & Driving Club” allows you to be eligible to qualify for the WSCA championship show through competition at local WSCA shows in pleasure riding (English and Western) and western gaming. This is valid for 2020 only. ($50 value)
- COVID-19 NOTE: At this time (as of May 21, 2020) WSCA shows have all been cancelled. We will be organizing schooling shows at the farm to make up for those missed opportunities! Anyone is eligible to participate in schooling shows at the farm but Saddle Club members will receive priority preference when being assigned specific horses.
- This does not apply to anyone registered for the Saddle Club after May 2020 due to WSCA membership deadlines.
- One (1) free riding lesson the month of the member’s birthday in the year 2020. If your birthday falls in a winter month with temperatures too cold to ride in, it can be carried over into a warmer month. If you join the saddle club after your birthday month has passed, it can be redeemed at a different time as well. ($40 value)
- $10 off regularly priced Enchanted Hollow Stables 2020 horse camps – text Sam or Mary for the discount code to use at checkout on the website
- Eligibility to participate in Saddle Club Days and Weeks. Saddle Club Days are opportunities for veteran riders of our program to join us at the farm for the day and help with different chores, tasks, and projects before they have an opportunity to ride later in the day. The riders will have a list of tasks that must be completed before riding activities occur. It’s similar to a horse camp, and they are still supervised by an instructor, but it is less structured, allows for more independence, and the riders are trusted with more responsibilities. It is essentially a horse camp day but for our advanced riders. This is a cost efficient way for some of our most dedicated riders to enjoy the horses while also being able to contribute and help at the farm that they love.
- Cost for a Saddle Club Day is only $45. Compare to a one hour lesson at $40 or a one day horse camp which is $95! Typically they will go from 10am to 3pm, but these times may vary.
- Cost of a Saddle Club Week is only $150 for Monday-Thursday or only $200 for Monday-Friday! These will typically go from 10am-3pm. Due to busy horse camp schedules during the main riding season, it’ll be tough to get these on the schedule, but we will when we can!
- Participation in Saddle Club Days can also be earned by helping at horse camps as a Camp Leader! Ask Sam or Mary for more info on becoming a Camp Leader.
- Since they will be expected to help with various tasks around the farm and will operate a little more independently in terms of saddling and riding than during a typical lesson or horse camp, we do ask that riders that participate in Saddle Club Days are at least 10 and have approval from Sam or Mary to participate.
- In order to join the saddle club you must be able to saddle and bridle a horse independently.
- Saddle Club Days/Weeks will not be publicly posted on our website, since they are not a service available to the public. They will be organized privately and posted in our Enchanted Hollow Stables Barn Family Private Facebook Group. If you’d like to request that we organize a Saddle Club Day on a specific date that hasn’t been offered, feel free to message Sam or Mary!
Please note that a 2020 Saddle Club Membership is valid until January 1st, 2021.
You must be pre-approved to join the Saddle Club by Sam or Mary. Generally, we ask that you have ridden with us for at least one year before joining the saddle club, but this is at Mary and Sam’s discretion.
Please contact Mary and Sam about joining the saddle club. We no longer allow people to join and pay online.