Enchanted Hollow Stables is offering a mini horse & pony camp over the MEA break (October 19th and 20th, 2017). It is open to beginners to intermediate riders of all ages. Participants will be broken into age, size and ability groups and will have the option of working with either a miniature horse, pony or a full-size horse depending on what is appropriate and safest for them depending on their age, size and experience level so that they get the most out of their camp experience.
Each camper will be paired up, taught, guided by and mentored throughout the day by several experienced riders or trainers here at our barn. Most have been riding, driving & working with ponies and horses their whole lives and have won multiple national championships in both driving & riding.
Each small group will work on age-appropriate farm chores, riding skills, games, equine nutrition and care. Not only will each camper get the opportunity to ride, learn, and have fun, but they will also be able to simply enjoy spending a fun day on a farm that is home to many horses, ponies, goats, chickens, ducks, a bunny, and a potbelly pig!
EQUINE EDUCATION: will cover equine feed and nutrition, how much hay and other types of food horses eat and need.
FARM CHORES: They will learn about about cleaning horse stalls top to bottom, re-filling water buckets, re-filling hay nets and preparing grain and supplements for each horse and pony for the next feeding.
ARTS AND CRAFTS: They will have the opportunity to do a fun crafting activity related to horses. This usually means decorating horse shoes (that they will be able to take home and keep as a memento), painting a pony, and more!
GROOMING: They will learn to properly use each grooming tool and groom a horse top to bottom.
MASSAGE & TOUCH THERAPY: They will learn the basics of how to stretch and massage horses and create a bond and friendship with them during this process.
- They will learn how to tack up those horse or pony. Learn about getting on and off your horse safely.
- Asking your horse or pony to stop, go, turn and back up.
- Learning an “emergency stop” and the situations that may require it.
- Working on the gait transitions. Walk, trot, canter (if ready) and whoa.
- Going over/through obstacles, or depending on ability and experience, working over small jumps.
- Fun obstacles will also be set up to ride over and through in order to challenge their hand and eye coordination and bond more with their horse or pony.
- We will also play some team games on horse back.
If everybody is doing well on there horse or pony the instructors may take them on a short trail ride through our beautiful trails and woods at the end of the day, weather permitting.
The ENCHANTED HOLLOW STABLES MEA HORSE CAMP is being offered Thursday, October 19th & Friday October 20th, 2017. From 9:00AM – 3:00PM.
If notified in advance we can be flexible about an earlier or later drop of and pick up of children in order to accommodate parents work schedules, but an additional fee may be incurred.
You can sign up for 1 or both days of MEA PONY CAMP.
[su_heading size=”14″]One Day: $90 Two Days: $165[/su_heading]
For safety and for being able to work one-on-one as much as possible with each camper, SPACE IS LIMITED. Please message, call or text 612-386-0279 to see what days we still have spots and instructors available and to confirm your child’s spot. You can pay via check, cash or PayPal. A barn liability waiver must also be signed prior to participation and it can be emailed to you in advance if you provide an email to us in order for you to read and sign it it in advance.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Sturdy boot or shoe with a heel to ride in
- Rain boots or muck boots
- Old jeans or riding pants that you don’t mind getting dirty!
- Extra layers (sweatshirt, jacket, extra socks, light-weight gloves, etc.)
- Riding or biking helmet (we have some on hand, but this is very limited and we cannot gaurantee that we will have one for your child. They MUST wear a helmet in order to ride.)
- Water Bottle
- A good attitude!