IF YOU ARE GIVING THIS AS A GIFT AND WOULD LIKE A COMPLIMENTARY GIFT CERTIFICATE, PLEASE BE SURE TO CHECK THE BOX WHEN ADDING IT TO YOUR CART TO LET US KNOW!
Here is an example of the gift certificate that will be sent for Summer Horse Camps:
DATES: July 12. 13, 14, 15 (2021)
TIME: 10:00am – 3:00pm
THIS CAMP IS FOR: Beginner, Novice, or Intermediate riders under the age of 18 interested in western riding, gaming events, and trail riding
SPACE IS EXTREMELY LIMITED to allow for a personalized experience for all riders and our website will automatically show as “sold out” as soon as we hit our maximum, so don’t hesitate to reserve your spot! You MUST secure payment to reserve your spot. These camps often fill up weeks in advance, so register quickly!
This camp is geared toward more hands-on and one-on-one learning opportunities. Riders will start their day learning about the day-to-day chores that need to be done in order to care for the horses and other animals on the farm. Later, they will spend the rest of the camp grooming and riding their assigned horse. Each day will build upon what the kids learned from the day before.
Not only will each camper get the opportunity to ride, learn, and have fun, but they will also be able to enjoy spending fun days on a farm that is home to many horses, ponies, goats, chickens, ducks, a bunny, and a potbelly pig!
Our main riding instructor is Miss Buffalo Rodeo 2020 and Miss Rodeo Minnesota 2021, Sam Sansevere! She offers a lifetime of riding experience and is so excited for another great summer of horse camp at the family farm.
We require ASTM / SEI certified equestrian riding helmets to be worn in all riding lessons and horse camps. You can purchase a helmet at any Tractor Supply, Runnings, Fleet Farm, Dover Saddlery, and most country stores as well. We really like the brands Troxel and Ovation for their quality and affordability, but really whatever is most comfortable for your child and certified will work! They are much safer and designed for higher impact than any other type of helmet. We do have a couple on hand that kids can borrow but cannot guarantee that we will have enough or one that fits your child, and a properly fitted helmet is required for all riding activity. It’s best for your child’s safety that you get them their own so you can ensure that they have a properly fitted helmet!
Please print out our waiver and bring it signed on the day of the camp.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Waiver printed and signed
- Sturdy boot or shoe with a heel to ride in
- Rain boots, just in case it gets cold and muddy!
- Old jeans or riding pants that you don’t mind getting dirty!
- Extra layers (sweatshirt, jacket, extra socks, gloves, etc.)
- Warm/waterproof jacket in case it is rainy and we are outside
- ASTM / SEI Certified Riding Helmet
- Water Bottle
- A good attitude!
WHAT TO EXPECT:
EQUINE EDUCATION: We will take time to discuss equine feed and nutrition, how much hay a horse eats per day, and other types of food horses eat and need.
FARM CHORES: They will learn about about cleaning horse stalls top to bottom, re-filling water buckets, re-filling hay nets and preparing grain and supplements for each horse and pony for the next feeding.
GROOMING: They will learn to properly use each grooming tool and groom a horse from top to bottom.
- They will learn (or review if they already know) how to tack up those horse or pony.
- How to get on and off your horse safely.
- Asking your horse or pony to stop, go, turn and back up.
- Learning an “emergency stop” and the situations that may require it.
- Working on the gait transitions. Walk, trot, canter (if ready) and whoa.
- Going over/through obstacles, or depending on ability and experience, working over small jumps.
- Fun obstacles will also be set up to ride over and through in order to challenge their hand and eye coordination and bond more with their horse or pony.
- We will set up games and activities to be played from horseback to promote skill development while also having fun!
If everybody is doing well on their horse or pony the instructors may take them on a short trail ride through our beautiful trails and woods – weather permitting.