Introductory Horseback Riding Class for Beginner Adults (Ages 18+) (July 22nd)
A great introduction to horseback riding for anyone
3 in stock
DATES: July 22nd
AGES: Any adult over 18 years old
WHO IS THIS CAMP FOR: Beginner adult riders that have not ridden at Enchanted Hollow Stables before, have never participated in any kind of equestrian activity before, have not ridden in a very long time and would like a beginner-level refresher course, or would just like an introductory riding lesson at the beginner level at Enchanted Hollow Stables.
SPACE IS EXTREMELY LIMITED to allow for a personalized experience for all riders and our website will automatically show as “sold out” as soon as we hit our maximum, so don’t hesitate to reserve your spot! You MUST secure payment to reserve your spot. These camps often fill up weeks in advance, so register quickly!
This two hour class is a great opportunity for any adult that is beginner level that would like to try out horseback riding! This is a great option for an adult that wants to try lessons at our stable before committing to weekly riding lessons or leasing a horse. This class offers an excellent introduction to Western horseback riding, Enchanted Hollow Stables, our horses, our facility, our instructors, and our community of supportive horsey friends!
The fee for riding lessons is typically $40 per lesson, per rider, for a one hour lesson. This is two hours of instruction for only $60!
Our main riding instructor is Miss Buffalo Rodeo 2020, Sam Sansevere! She is so excited for another great summer of horse camp at the family farm.
We require ASTM / SEI certified equestrian riding helmets to be worn in all riding lessons and horse camps. You can purchase a helmet at any Tractor Supply, Runnings, Fleet Farm, Dover Saddlery, and most country stores as well. We really like the brands Troxel and Ovation for their quality and affordability, but really whatever is most comfortable for your child and certified will work! They are much safer and designed for higher impact than any other type of helmet. We do have a couple on hand that kids can borrow but cannot guarantee that we will have enough or one that fits your child, and a properly fitted helmet is required for all riding activity. It’s best for your child’s safety that you get them their own so you can ensure that they have a properly fitted helmet!
Please print out our waiver and bring it signed on the day of the camp.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Waiver printed and signed (linked above)
- Sturdy boot or shoe with a heel to ride in
- Rain boots, just in case it gets cold and muddy!
- Old jeans or riding pants that you don’t mind getting dirty!
- Extra layers (sweatshirt, jacket, extra socks, gloves, etc.)
- Warm/waterproof jacket in case it is rainy and we are outside
- ASTM / SEI Certified Riding Helmet
- Water Bottle
- A good attitude!
WHAT TO EXPECT:
GROOMING: They will learn to properly use each grooming tool and groom a horse from top to bottom.
- They will learn (or review if they already know) how to tack up their horse or pony.
- How to get on and off your horse safely.
- Asking your horse or pony to stop, go, turn and back up.
- Learning an “emergency stop” and the situations that may require it.
- Working on the gait transitions. Walk, trot, canter (if ready) and whoa.
- Going over/through obstacles